20 Ways to Get Rid of Butterflies in Your Stomach
Whether you are going on a date with someone new or have a performance on stage, nervousness can play a huge part in how smoothly things go. It can be difficult dealing with nervousness. Have you figured out how to overcome your nerves? Below are 20 ways that you can get rid of the butterflies in your stomach.
- Relax and take a few deep breathes. Deep breathing can be very helpful. During times when the nerves are too much to handle, breathe slow and deep.
- Believe that you will do well. If you want to do well, you have to believe that you will. Don’t let knows ruin a performance or a date.
- Gain support from those who care about her most. Take advice from family and friends who have confidence in you. They can help calm your fears.
- Try not to dwell on it. Dwelling on upcoming performances will only make matters worse.
- Worrying won’t help. Stop worrying about whether or not you will do well. Worrying will cause you to falter when it comes time to perform.
- Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts when you get nervous such as eating your favorite food or taking part in your favorite activity. This can give you a calming feeling.
- Play soothing music. Music can do wonders. Focus on the lyrics of music instead of the nerves.
- Give your self-confidence a boost. It’s okay to be self-confident as long as you aren’t overly confident. If you were overly confident, you wouldn’t have to worry about butterflies because you wouldn’t have them.
- Pamper yourself. Go for a relaxing spa treatment and pamper yourself in an effort to get rid of the butterflies in your stomach.
- Avoid trying to talk yourself out of it. Some people simply run from the butterflies instead of trying to deal with them upfront. Don’t give up on your dreams just because you don’t know how to deal with the nerves.
- Remind yourself of previous successes. You’ve done this before! Lean on this thought and it can help you overcome the nervousness.
- Hum a tune. To get your mind off your nerves, begin humming the tune to your favorite son.
- Practice makes perfect. Sometimes, practicing can help ease fears of failure. Be sure to get plenty of practice in without going overboard with it.
- Be okay with making mistakes. Realize that everyone makes mistakes. If you do make a mistake, choose to go on.
- Read an encouraging book. There are plenty of books out there on how you can help get your butterflies under control. Visit your local library or check the internet for books on the topic.
- Focus on a favorite quote. Some people choose to recite a favorite quote over and over again. Find a quote that will give you comfort and use it when you get overly nervous.
- Realize how common nervousness is. Many people get nervous under pressure. Don’t feel like you are “different” just because you get butterflies. Talk to other people about how they deal with extreme nervousness. It can be helpful.
- Prepare yourself to be front and center. Prepare yourself mentally for the challenge. Vow not to let the nerves get to you.
- Don’t run from your nervousness. Quitting because of your nerves should never be an option. Running from it will only make matters worse. Face your fears. The more you do it, the less nervous you will become.
- Sleep it off. Some people deal with butterflies by taking a nap and trying to sleep it off. When nervousness becomes too much, relax and take a short nap in an effort to calm your nerves.
The 20 tips listed above are sure to help you deal with the butterflies in your stomach. Don’t allow nervousness to control your life. Remember, you are not alone when it comes to dealing with nerves. Get advice from those who are going through the same thing as you are. You may be surprised at ways other people deal with butterflies. Who will you ask to help?